General Training Writing
Topics are of general interest. There are two tasks:
- Task 1 –Letter writing , candidates are presented with a situation and asked to write a letter requesting information, or explaining the situation. The letter may be formal, semi-formal or informal(personal) in style.
- Task 2 – Essay writing ,candidates will be asked to write an essay in response to a point of view, argument or problem.
Responses to both task must be in a formal style.
TIME: 60 minutes ( 20 minutes for task 1 and 40 minutes for task 2)
Test format – General Training Writing
IELTS Writing – Marked
The Writing test is marked by certificated markers, who are regularly monitored to ensure their reliability. All answer sheets, after being marked, are further analysed by Cambridge Assessment English.
- BAND 0 – Did Not Attempt The TEST
- BAND 1 – Non USER
- BAND 2 – Intermittent USER
- BAND 3 – Extremely Limited USER
- BAND 4 – Limited USER
- BAND 5 – Modest USER
- BAND 6 – Competent USER
- BAND 7 – Good USER
- BAND 8 – Very Good USER
- BAND 9 – Expert USER