Topics are of general interest to, and suitable for, test takers entering undergraduate and postgraduate studies or seeking professional registration. There are two tasks:
- Task 1 – Report writing ,candidates are presented with a diagram or some data( e,g graph, table, chart or diagram) and asked to describe, summarise or explain the information in their own words.
- Task 2 –Essay writing ,candidates will be asked to write in response to a task, point of view, argument or problem, solution to a problem.
Responses to both tasks must be in a formal style
NUMBER OF QUESTIONS : 2 ( task 1 and task 2 both tasks are compulsory to write)
TIME :60 minutes (20 min for task 1 , 40 min task 2)
IELTS Writing – Marked
The Writing test is marked by certificated markers, who are regularly monitored to ensure their reliability. All answer sheets, after being marked, are further analysed by Cambridge Assessment English.
- BAND 0 – Did Not Attempt The TEST
- BAND 1 – Non USER
- BAND 2 – Intermittent USER
- BAND 3 – Extremely Limited USER
- BAND 4 – Limited USER
- BAND 5 – Modest USER
- BAND 6 – Competent USER
- BAND 7 – Good USER
- BAND 8 – Very Good USER
- BAND 9 – Expert USER